Rent the Harper Fowlkes House for your next special occasion.
Your event provides support to the ongoing care of the House and gardens, assisting the Society of the Cincinnati in telling the story of our country’s founders after the Revolutionary War, and the fascinating history of the families that occupied the House, the Champion-McAlpin family and Alida Harper Fowlkes.
Built in 1842 in the classical Greek Revival style, the House boasts a beautiful collection of antiques and a generously sized garden with its own caterer’s kitchen and restrooms. The House is perfect for a ceremony, reception, or bridal photo shoot. Consider a holiday event at the Harper Fowlkes House, when it is decorated with a vintage Christmas tree and the front fence is adorned with garland and red bows.
The Harper Fowlkes house is available for rent for events for up to 120 in the garden, with access to the House. Smaller functions (under 40 people) are allowed in the house.
****We have a no amplified music policy, including no microphones for speeches. Music like an acoustical guitar, harpist, violinist or a string trio would be allowed.
Event Rates and Capacities
Cocktail/Dinner/Corporate event rental rates: $2,500
• Includes access to the Garden for setup all day, and the House after 4:00 p.m., unless otherwise stipulated in the Contract
• Guest departure time is 10:00 p.m.
• Up to 120 may be accommodated in the Garden for a seated dinner or cocktail buffet
• Under 40 can be accommodated in the House for a seated meal or cocktails for a reduced fee.
• Reduced fees also offered for short cocktail (before dinner) hours
• You will need to bring in a caterer, tables and chairs, and a tent with the threat of rain.
Wedding Ceremony and/or Wedding Reception
• Rental rate of $1,000 garden only, ceremony only
• Rental rate of $1,500 garden and house ceremony only, bride dressing in House OR cocktail hour after ceremony
• Rental rate of $2,000 garden and house for ceremony only, bride dressing in House AND cocktail hour after ceremony
• Rental Rate of $2,500 garden and house, Reception only
• Rental Rate of $3,000 garden and house, Ceremony and Reception
You are allowed access to the garden all day, the day of, for setup, and the House after 4 p.m. unless otherwise specified in the Contract. You must rent tables and chairs, hire a caterer and bar service, and provide a 30’ x 30’ of 30’ x 60’ tent in the case of rain. In the case of a wedding ceremony, access to the garden the day before for a rehearsal can be provided. Guest departure time is 10:00 p.m.
Photography shoot rental rates:
• $100 per hour with a two hour minimum for bride and photographer only;
• $200 per hour with a two hour minimum for larger shoots such as fashion catalogue or bridal party.
The Harper Fowlkes House is handicap accessible. Rates may vary depending on the number of guests, vendors, and other aspects that change the scope of your event.
For further information, please call Donna Adamson at 912-234-2180.
Like to become a volunteer tour guide? Contact Richard Kack at 912-234-2180.
VISIT THE HARPER FOWLKES HOUSE
Museum Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm. CLOSED Sundays and Tuesdays.